Open Call for Western Balkans Young Team: Sarajevo Film Festival In Youth Eyes
This programme will gather youth from the Western Balkans to attend Sarajevo Film Festival and through their eyes tell the story of intercultural dialogue, youth cooperation, diversity and peace building.
Sarajevo Film Festival and the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Dialogue Southeast Europe in cooperation with Forum Civil Peace Service – forum ZFD and USAID project PRO-Future are organizing once again programme In Youth Eyes: WESTERN BALKANS YOUTH TEAM which will gather youth from the Western Balkans to attend Sarajevo Film Festival and its “Dealing with the Past” programme and through their eyes tell the story of intercultural dialogue, youth cooperation, diversity and peace building.
Sarajevo Film Festival wants to offer an opportunity for young people from the Western Balkans, to visit Sarajevo, meet with their peers, discover, watch and learn about our communities and others through movies, discussions but also through walking around Sarajevo at its best moment.
The Western Balkans Youth Team will attend movie projections within the SFF’s Dealing with the Past corner, participate in panel discussions with filmmakers but also will have an opportunity to create social media content to present their experience and perception of history, narratives, youth activism, Sarajevo, film festival, dialogue and networking.
The joint project is a synergy of important and valuable partners in Bosnia and Herzegovina which aims to make opportunities for young people from the Western Balkans to be mobile, creative and involved as they are engines for a better region and intercultural community.
The programme will welcome 25 youth participants to form the Western Balkans Youth Team who should fit to the following criteria:
• Residents of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo*, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia (collectively referred to as the contracting parties);
• Age 18-25;
• Motivated to take part in full project and contribute to team work, as well as writing stories for DwP page and producing content for social media;
• Inspired to participate in the agreed agenda of SFF and write an article about their experience after they get back to their local community;
• Able to attend the “Dealing with the Past” program from 12 until 17 August 2023;
• Have never travelled or had fewer opportunities to travel outside their cities/contracting parties;
• Will take part in special episode of the show “Perspective”.
Travel and accommodation costs the participants will be covered by the organizers.
Interested candidates should apply until July 1, 2023.
The 29th Sarajevo Film Festival will be held from 11th to 18th of August 2023.
You can apply HERE.
For more informations write to firstname.lastname@example.org
* This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo Declaration of Independence