Open Call for Western Balkans Young Team: Sarajevo Film Festival In Youth Eyes
This programme will gather youth from the Western Balkans to attend Sarajevo Film Festival and through their eyes tell the story of intercultural dialogue, youth cooperation, diversity and peace building
Sarajevo Film Festival (SFF) and the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Dialogue Southeast Europe in cooperation with Regional Youth Cooperation Office (RYCO), Forum Civil Peace Service – forum ZFD and USAID project PRO-Future are organizing once again programme In Youth Eyes: WESTERN BALKANS YOUTH TEAM which will gather youth from the Western Balkans to attend Sarajevo Film Festival and its “Dealing with the Past” programme and through their eyes tell the story of intercultural dialogue, youth cooperation, diversity and peace building.
Sarajevo Film Festival wants to offer an opportunity for young people from the Western Balkans, to visit Sarajevo, meet with their peers, discover, watch and learn about our communities and others through movies, discussions but also through walking around Sarajevo at its best moment.
The Western Balkans Youth Team will attend movie projections within the SFF’s Dealing with the Past corner, participate in panel discussions with filmmakers but also will have an opportunity to create social media content to present their experience and perception of history, narratives, youth activism, Sarajevo, film festival, dialogue and networking.
The joint project is a synergy of important and valuable partners in Bosnia and Herzegovina which aims to make opportunities for young people from the Western Balkans to be mobile, creative and involved as they are engines for a better region and intercultural community.
The programme will welcome 25 youth participants to form the Western Balkans Youth Team who should fit to the following criteria:
• Residents of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo*, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia (collectively referred to as the contracting parties);
• Age 18-25;
• Motivated to take part in full project and contribute to team work, as well as writing stories for DwP page and producing content for social media;
• Inspired to participate in the agreed agenda of SFF and write an article about their experience after they get back to their local community;
• Able to attend the “Dealing with the Past” program from 12 until 19 August 2022;
• Have never travelled or had fewer opportunities to travel outside their cities/contracting parties;
• Will take part in special episode of the show “Perspective”.
Travel and accommodation costs the participants will be covered by the organizers.
Interested candidates should apply until 19 June 2022.
Sarajevo Film Festival (SFF) is the leading film festival in the region, recognized by both film professionals and the wider audience. It is an international film festival with a special focus on the region of South-East Europe shining an international spotlight on films, talent and future projects from the region. During the war in Bosnia and Herzegovina, in 1995, Obala Art Centar initiated the Sarajevo Film Festival with the aim to help to reconstruct civil society and retain the cosmopolitan spirit of the city. This year’s SFF will last for seven days and kick off in Sarajevo on 12 August 2022.
For more information on the SFF’s Dealing with the Past program, please click here.
YOU CAN APPLY HERE.
* This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo Declaration of Independence